Monday, July 28, 2008

Jumpcon Refund Watch - Day 14

Hello Everyone,
I have made it back from a week's vacation up in Wells Beach, Maine. We only had about a day & 1/2 of sunny weather but to me a bad day at the beach still beats a good day at work!

As for Jumpcon and a refund - still nothing! Not a peep of communication from Shane Senter. Nothing new on the Jumpcon website, no updates, nadda! I did talk with Paypal again today. They still haven't opened my claim because it was over 90 days. I'm still being told that there is a possibility that if enough people log complaints they may open it for people beyond the 90 day window but they couldn't/wouldn't tell me how many complaints it takes before that would happen. The woman I spoke with (who was very nice by the way) said it is an automated process and she didn't know what the limit was. She did suggest I contact http://www.IC3.gov She said it's a place to report internet fraud. I haven't checked it out yet but will when I get a chance.

I also contacted the credit card company that I used through paypal. The 1st time I called I was very rudely told that there was nothing they could do for me. After talking with the customer service person at Paypal she suggested I call the credit card company back and ask for a supervisor. I did that and it sounds like they will be giving me a refund. They said they would credit my account in 2-4 business days and in the meantime they would be trying to contact Jumpcon as well to get the refund from Shane. Good luck to them!

So, my hopes are high that I can at least recover the money from the credit card company. Thanks to everyone who left suggestions for me in the comments of previous posts. I appreciate the help and support.

Thanks!

No comments: