Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ouija Memories

Do you love being scared? I don't like "horror" but I do like a little fright every now and then. When I was young the cool thing to do at sleepovers was to break out a Ouija Board and see if we could get it to tell us the name of our true love and then scream hysterically when it actually spelled something.


It's been a long time since I used a Ouija Board but I happened to be in a toy store a few weeks ago and noticed that they still sell them - only updated! They had Barbie pink Ouija, glow in the dark ones and even a Bratz Doll version! I don't know which one scared me more!


The glow in the dark one did inspire me to make a new necklace though. This is my version of a glow in the dark Ouija Board. I painted it with two layers of glow in the dark paint before giving it a final coat of resin. Now I need some photography advice. How do I get a picture of the pendant glowing? I tried using my digital camera without the flash and just got a black screen. With the flash of course it didn't work either - too much light. Here is the non-glowing picture. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There are details on photographing glow in the dark items here:

http://www.glowforum.com/showthread.php?t=706

Artsnark said...

ooh - I love this! & it glows - too cool

ursulaandolive said...

Thank you ArtSnark and Glow that is a great link. I've been reading the hints and suggestions there and may have to give the glow photos another try this weekend. :)